|Product Name:||WS-X45-SUP8L-E=||Products Status:||In Stock|
|Warranty:||1 Year||Uplinks:||4x SFP/SFP+|
|Console And Management Port:||10/100/1000 RJ-45||Bandwidth Per Slot:||48 Gbps|
fiber optic transceiver module,
sfp transceiver module
Brand Sealed Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series Supervisor 8L-E switch Cisco WS-X45-SUP8L-E=
The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E is an enterprise-class campus access and price/performance aggregation supervisor engine designed to provide up to 560 Gbps per system with E-Series chassis. The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E provides 48 Gbps per slot with best in class features such as Flexible NetFlow (FNF), integrated Wireshark, TrustSec and MACSec security, and APIC-EM orchestration leading to reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) and industry-leading investment protection.
4 nonblocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (SFP+) or 4
nonblocking 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (SFP)
|console and Management Port||10/100/1000 RJ-45|
|CPU||Quad core; 1.8 GHz|
|Centralized switching capacity||560 Gbps|
|Bandwidth per slot||48 Gbps|
|Throughput||225 Mpps for IPv4|
|110 Mpps for IPv6|
|225 Mpps for L2 Bridging|
|Synchronous Dynamic RAM (SDRAM)||4 GB|
|Active supervisor power||240W|
|Standby supervisor power||120W|
|Number of routes||64K for IPv4, 32K for IPv6|
|weight||6.04 lb (2.94 kg)|
Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E Feature Highlights
The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E builds on the widely deployed line of Cisco Catalyst 4500 supervisor engines and enhances its predecessors to provides nonblocking 48 Gbps per slot bandwidth with Flexible NetFlow for optimized application visibility. In addition, the enterprise-class Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8L-E offers the following:
● Performance and scalability:
◦ 560-Gbps switching capacity with 225 Mpps of throughput
◦ 4 nonblocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (SFP+) or 4 nonblocking 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (SFP)
◦ Supported on 3-, 6-, and 7-slot Cisco Catalyst 4500E chassis
◦ Supports a maximum of 240 ports of 10/100/1000 Base-T in a 7-slot chassis
◦ 244 ports of nonblocking Gigabit Ethernet SFP in a 7-slot chassis (four uplinks ports plus 240 line card ports)
◦ 64 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ in a 7-slot chassis (four uplinks ports plus 60 line card ports)
◦ Enables next-generation Universal Power Over Ethernet (UPOE, WS-X4748-UPOE+E) in addition to backward compatibility with other PoE standards
◦ Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+; 30 W) capabilities on all ports in a line card simultaneously
◦ Enables Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
◦ 128,000 Flexible NetFlow entries in hardware
◦ External USB and SD card support for flexible storage options
◦ 10/100/1000 RJ-45 console and management port
◦ 64,000/32,000 IPv4/IPv6 routing entries for campus access and aggregation deployments
◦ IPv6 in hardware, providing wire-rate forwarding for IPv6 networks and support for dual stack with innovative resource usage
◦ Dynamic hardware forwarding-table allocations for ease of IPv4-to-IPv6 migration
◦ Scalable routing (IPv4, IPv6, and multicast) tables, Layer 2 tables, and access-control-list (ACL) and quality-of-service (QoS) entries to make use of 8 queues per port and comprehensive security policies per port
● Infrastructure services:
◦ Cisco IOS XE Software, the modular open application platform for virtualized borderless services.
◦ Maximum resiliency with redundant components, Nonstop Forwarding/Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO), In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU), and Virtual Switching System (VSS) support.
◦ Ability to get up to 10 Gbps per port with Cat6, Cat6a cable and up to 5 Gbps per port with Cat5e cable with Cisco MultiGig support.
◦ Network virtualization through Multi-Virtual Route Forwarding (VRF) technology for Layer 3 segmentation.
◦ Flexible and future proofed uplinks with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) to support next-generation protocol.
◦ Automation through Embedded Event Manager (EEM), Cisco Smart Call Home, AutoQoS, and Auto SmartPorts for fast provisioning, diagnosis, and reporting.
◦ Simplification of network configuration and provisioning through APIC-EM. The controller provides a low-risk, incremental approach to adopting software-defined networking (SDN) technologies in branch and campus environments. Using a policy-based approach, the controller automates provisioning of the end-to-end infrastructure to rapidly deploy applications and services.
● Cisco Services:
◦ Optimized application performance through deep visibility with Flexible NetFlow supporting rich Layer 2/3/4 information (MAC, VLAN, TCP Flags) and synthetic traffic monitoring with IP service-level agreement (SLA)
◦ Onboard troubleshooting with embedded Wireshark
◦ Energy-efficient design with Cisco EnergyWise technology
● Investment protection and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO):
◦ Full backward compatibility with 24 G, and 48 Gbps slot line cards with no performance degradation.
◦ The Supervisor Engine 8L-E is compatible with certain classic Cisco Catalyst 4500 line cards and power supplies, providing full investment protection. It is not compatible with the classic Cisco Catalyst 4500 chassis. When you deploy the Supervisor Engine 8L-E with classic line cards, all of the new features except the 24- and 48-Gbps per-slot switching capacity are inherited.
Table below shows the recommended elements for the WS-X45-SUP8L-E=
|C4500E-IP-ES-S||C4500E IP to ES license for spare Sup config|
|GLC-LH-SMD||1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module, MMF/SMF, 1310nm, DOM|
|GLC-BX-U||1000BASE-BX SFP, 1310NM|
|GLC-SX-MMD||1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module, MMF, 850nm, DOM|
|SFP-10G-LR||10GBASE-LR SFP Module|
|SFP-H10GB-CU5M||10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable 5 Meter|